So it begins.....

Day 2: 

Mi dia empezó a las 4:30 am cuando me levante para alistarme para un largo dia que venia. Yo queria ser una de las primeras personas en la clínica médica internacional para los estudios fisicos. I just wanted to get it over with. I arrived there around 5:20 am, the guards and people working there where extremely friendly and helpful getting me to the right door. You see there are 2 buildings that have the same name so it's a bit confusing as to which one is the right one to enter through. But like I said the guards are very helpful.


Cuando llegue si me sorprendió que #1 estaba abierto (ya que habrían a las 6am ) y #2 no era la primera en llegar. I liked how everyone working there was very friendly to the customers and to each other. It felt comfortable. Once the guard checked my paperwork you are told to sit at some chairs in the middle of the room and then at exactly 6am they began calling people to different windows towards the front. It reminded me of being at the DMV you get  a number, they call your number, and you go talk to someone at the window. Cuando estas en la ventana verifican tu información, te registran, y después the toman una foto. (FYI: They keep your passport here) They also give u a cup for a urine sample, cuando terminas se lo das a un empleado y después te hacen un examen de los ojos. Finalmente todos se van sentando en la orden en cual terminan en unas sillas en la parte derecha del edificio. 

Then a worker comes and takes a group of approximately 10 people outside and over to the other building directly next to this main one. En este edificio es donde todo los examenes medicos son realizados. It begins with a blood draw once that's done men and women get separated into different areas of the building. This is where you are placed in a robe and have have a chest x-ray done. A doctor will then come to speak to you one on one. El doctor básicamente checks your height and weight, and asks about any tattoos you may have. ( Tip: Be ready to explain every single tattoo, the doctor is very thorough y también les sacan fotos a todos tus tatuajes) When the doctor is done you get dressed and move on to the vaccination part. When I was there I did see people showing the workers proof of vaccinations but a high percentage did not accept them and they where still given the vaccines. Aqui también es donde nos dieron el total que teníamos que pagar por todo los examenes del dia. Mi abogado me dijo que me iba a costar aproximadamente $220 dolares y también abia letreros que decian que el total iba ser aproximadamente $220 dolares pero to my surprise the total ended up being $415 dollars!! I did notice a bunch of us looking around and asking each other what was your total?It looked like a good 90% of us ended up paying the $415. Ouch! Be prepared for that one.

So after this bit of shock LOL te dan las vacunas y si te dijeron que necesitabas hacer un examen mental seguia esta parte del examen o si no como yo podías ir a la cajera a pagar. Here you are able to use a credit card or cash in dollars or pesos. At this point is where you get your passport back. Tambien te explican que tienes que regresar at a certain time to pick up your test results. A mi me toco a la 1:30pm.

Cuando regrese a la 1:15pm te hacen esperar en el waiting room donde empesaste el día. Y aquí es nada mas esperar asta que te llamen por nombre para recibir un paquete con tus resultados. Then once that was done I was officially finished with the medical part of this process and I could go enjoy the rest of my day.

A few things I will say about this place it has been a year since I went there and things might of changed but I was under the impression that I could not bring my phone or bring any other person with me to keep me company. I was wrong, from what I saw not only can you bring someone to keep you company but you can also bring a cell phone many people where using them and many people if not 90% brought someone with them, granted they had to sit on the other side of the room but they where still there.

#Inmigracion #immigration #clinicamedicainternacional #consulado #consulate #juarez #greencard #day2 #consuladoamericano #hotelcityexpressjuniorjuarez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview day

Picture from hotel

Final thoughts on this process