Final thoughts on this process

So when I was at the airport in el paso (ELP) waiting for my flight,  I was looking through the paperwork given to me at the border crossing. Me acorde que el agente me dijo que cuando llegara a mi casa pagara la fee de $220 dollars. This is what is required to pay in order to receive your green card. Yo decidi pagar la fee en ese momento. Pero ustedes pueden esperarse hasta que lleguen a sus casas. 

Despues de 2 semanas recibi mi green card en el correo. Then I had to go to the social security office to change my card to an official one instead of the one that DACA gives with work authorization only. Then I was done with the whole process. 

Overall I was in juarez a total of 8 days and I remember thinking wow the people were extremely friendly,helpful,generous etc. I can't say enough nice things. Me sorprendí un poco porque fue totalmente diferente al lo que me dijeron de Juarez. I was told not to go out past a certain hour and how dangerous it was. At no point while I was there did I feel like I was in danger. They had security guards and police everywhere always on duty 24-7. I felt safe. Everyone was also very helpful to each other. Sharing tips and stories from their travel to Juarez. It was nice to see the comradery between everyone.  I think being nervous of the unknown is normal and hopefully with all this information I posted,  I would of helped out at least one person feel a bit more at ease during this whole process.




#Consulado #USconsulate #Greencard #inmigración #immigration #DACA #dreamer #visa #airport #aeropuerto #ELP #Juarez #socialsecurity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview day

Picture from hotel